Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mommy and baby.

Hardin and I had a big ole' day.  We played, and played, and played, and played some more.  Jason went to the PGA Championship in Atlanta and we went to Ft. Yargo park in Winder.  I'm not sure which place was hotter, but I am willing to bet me and the H man had the most fun.

We explored all over the huge grounds in the jogging stroller, played by the lake, scouted 1st birthday party pavilion spots, went down the slide for the first time, looked at snakes in the aquariums and topped it off with a Popsicle on the way out.  Gone are the easy days of a sitting baby, he wanted to touch EVERYTHING, and now he knows how to get to it.  He was so hot and sweaty by time we left and it just made me smile.  Nothing says successful trip like a red faced, wet headed little boy. 

We followed up with grocery shopping and extra long naps.  Now the boys are in bed and I'm working on making my list for the beach this weekend.  We are only going to the Georgia coast for three days, but the way I'm looking forward to it you'd think it was Costa Rica for a week.

His hair is a mess here because he'd been wearing a hat all day, I took it off to put on sun screen, and left it laying on the kitchen counter.  Mom thinks the old hair is brown, but the new hair is coming in blond.  I don't think there is enough of either to really tell yet! 


















3 comments:

  1. I also LOVE a sweaty little boy. For some reason, I feel the need to scoop my girls up and put them in the tub when they get all red faced like that, but I just LOVE it when my boy gets hot and sweaty.

    Your day sounds perfect, although I am in full on denial that we could be thinking about 1st birthday spots for baby H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmigosh, i could die with him in that little polo shirt. such a heart-breaker! and i'm with julie...how did we get to party-planning time already?? ack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT. He is really starting to look like a little boy and not a baby! What a fun day.

    ReplyDelete