Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Can't complain.

The last few days have been a little different around here, but I can't complain.  Saturday night through Monday night, if I wasn't changing a diaper, I was wondering if H was ever going to sleep through the night clean again.  Bless his sweet little heart, he loves his sleep, and was not happy to be up getting changed.  He went right back down Saturday and Sunday nights though.

Then there was Monday night.  After a change around 9, he went right back down.  Then around 11:30 he got up and started circling his crib.  Then he'd fall and laugh.  Then he'd play with Doug.  Then he'd repeat this number, all the while talking and singing as loud as he could.  He's very proud that he has learned how to cruise around that crib!

He wasn't fussing, so I knew he didn't need to be changed and I just let him play.  He repeated this number a few times throughout the night.  Jason doesn't understand the concept that when he's not sleeping I can't sleep.  Jason can sleep as long as he's not fussing. 

I think I may be more of a baby when I don't get my sleep than actual babies are!  I was cranky.  And lethargic.  And teary like a pregnant woman.  I would have paid good money to crawl up under my desk yesterday and take a nap.

Low and behold he was back to his sweet little sleep self last night and went down like a champ tonight.  So really, I can't complain.

I'll tell you one thing though, he's getting sweeter by the second.  It's amazing how much more emotion they show at this age.  We are all loving every second of those cuddles, hugs and kisses.  And don't even get me started on when you sit down to rock him at night.  Our routine is bath, bottle, brush teeth, and then rock while we sing him a couple of songs.  As soon as you turn the light off he hugs your neck and nuzzles his little head on your chest.  Melts my heart that one.  

This is him doing the thing where you breath out humming and move your finger up and down on your lips to make a funny sound.  He uses his entire hand.  He's also proud of this.  




1 comment:

  1. Watching the baby monitor is like your own personal reality TV show. I'm the same as you...if O is up, I'm up. Not Austin though. He just keeps snoozing. Kiss the boy for me.

    ReplyDelete