Monday, May 9, 2011

We love our mamas around here.

In honor of Mother's Day, here is a picture of us with our wonderful, beautiful and quite hipster hot mamas!  Our moms are awesome and we love them more than anyone in this world (except the little fella asleep in the nursery of course).  

One funny story from our very funny weekend of lazy nonsense.  I put Hardin down at 7:30, and as usual went to lay down in my bed to make sure he went to sleep okay, nothing I hate more than an extra trip up the stairs. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy.  I fell asleep myself and Jason came grumbling up the stairs about 8:45.  "What's wrong baby?" I said, he looked at me and very seriously said, "Hardin's butt cream was on the floor, you know, right where it belongs.  I stepped on it and that sh*t went everywhere.  I've been cleaning and mopping the floor for 35 minutes.  I'm done with this day."  

I was so sad, but laughing so hard.  I hated that he hadn't had a great day.  He woke up early with the baby and cooked me breakfast in bed.  This afternoon we went to the mall to get him a new suit* and then I went to an early dinner with my mom, maw maw, sister and her husband at Cracker Barrel.  Jason went to my mom's house to load up her lawn mower and drop it off at Ace Hardware before they closed, and then go back to her house to edge her yard that has a TON of edging between driveways, walkways and sidewalks, that hadn't been done since last summer so it was like sawing through straight sod.  He burned the heck out of his hand somewhere between the edger and using her blower to clean up his mess (I must mention, he would rather do yard work than a family dinner at CB for the most part).  Then he came home to the "butt cream" incident.  God love him, he did his best to be perfect today, and he literally ended up burned for it. 

*Let me just tell you, Jason is looking good.  Between the working out for the past year or so and quitting smoking, he is up to 195lbs.  At 6'2" that is just about right.  He has a big work conference next week and there was no way he's getting into his old suits.  He has worked his tail off at the gym and at quitting smoking and I am so very proud of him.  He has not quit 100%, he slips up when there are drinks involved, but he's doing great.

While daddy was getting measured at Macy's, Hardin and I played on the other mirror platform.  He was cracking me up, I really think he thought there were a bunch of other babies there.  Of course he has no idea what he looks like, so it must have been a blast for him to have all these other people doing exactly what he was doing!    



Our first Mother's Day

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! Happy 1st Mother's Day to you! Jason had a big day doing all of that stuff for the moms. Good hubby.

    Love the Hardin multiples shot. Just imagine if you'd had triplets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day! You are an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I spent the whole top part of that blog laughing so hard that tears were rolling down my face. Then, I got to that last picture. And now I am REALLY crying. Happy tears, but still....

    Just precious.

    I just knew your Mother's Day post would be great, and it was indeed!

    ReplyDelete