Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Swimming with Herman!
OH.MY.GOODNESS. Hardin loves loves LOVES the pool. Yesterday I got home from work really early and daddy was about to go work out. He suggested I come with, and take Hardin to the indoor pool that just opened at the Y. I honestly have never seen the boy so happy for so long. He laughed, he squealed, he splashed... and laughed some more. He grinned ear to ear at every person that told him he was cute. It was adorable. When I would walk up and down the lane he would kick and paddle and dive his face in the water. He really had it goin' on. Not to mention how cute he looked in his reusable swim diaper from Mimi, I love how old school it looks!
A lady was watching her kids swim and asked if I happened to have a camera because I had told her it was his first time. For the first time in years, allowed someone to photograph me in my bathing suit. You know I must really want to remember this day, because there aint no way I'd post pictures of me even holding a bathing suit any other time. I also ran extra hard today on my C25K program. I'm on week two, it has been good so far.
H was also the biggest hit with all the kids in the pool. One little boy in particular took a liking to him and followed us around the entire time. When he asked what his name was I told him Hardin, and he said "Awe... Herman, that's so cute!" Every time he said Herman, I politely said "It's actually Hardin." I might as well have been talking to the moon, because that boy was dead set on Herman. I look forward to running into him a lot this summer at the Y.
Finally, the picture below is big for two reasons. One, my mom texted it to me from her phone today after she set it up. Anyone who knows mom knows this is a huge technological advance. Second, I have crossed the line and now have one of those houses. You know, the kind I feared. The kind that houses an inflatable crab pool filled with 100 balls. Needless to say it was a gift. I'll keep you posted on how many days I can tolerate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OhmiGod, that's IT! Herman! The name! You MUST call him that. That's his version of Fred...his nonsense name that no one will make any sense of when he's 16 and getting into trouble with his friends. You KNOW your dad would have taken that and run with it! Plus, I can totally hear Jason saying it in his half-talk/half-laugh voice ;)
ReplyDeleteAlso, the crab? Priceless. I have no words... Love. It.
He looks great in the pool! And so do you! Also, I think the crab is cute! Even though we don't have kids, I have also said that I refuse to have one of those houses that is littered with all of that tacky stuff. We'll see!
ReplyDeleteI don't even know where to start...LOVE that he loves the pool. I see some pool play dates in our future. I plan on spending most of the summer down at my pool.
ReplyDeleteAnd Herman?! Hilarious.
I also love the inflatable crab. I can totally picture one of those at our house. We have become that house as well. The baby toys just keep multiplying. I'm embracing it though because it makes my baby so happy. :)
Way to go Gail with the texting pictures!!! That is advanced!
Herman?!?! Hahahaha!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd that swim diaper???? LOVE IT.
And those pictures???? PRECIOUS. All of them.
And that crab with all of those balls??? SO FUN. (As long as it is at YOUR house!) :-)