Sunday, May 22, 2011

New Bottles.

My bro is a one photo guy... he doesn't tolerate it as well as Jason has learned to.
Brand spankin new bottles were not on the agenda for tomorrow. But, in my cleaning frenzy tonight I went too far. I have a tendency to go a little overboard when I get on a Gail Thornberry cleaning streak. Except in my bedroom and bathroom. Those are always a disaster.

I woke up with full intentions of a cleaning day my mom would be proud of. Jason had the city dart championship (they won again!), so it was the perfect plan. Cleaning was postponed a little by my brother. Beware, questions that start with "can you do me a solid?" end in a 3 hour road trip... and I wouldn't have missed it for the world, because H and I got in one extra meal with B. Since we were driving right by, H and I stopped to see Lillian & Co. Cathy's sister, Jenna, was in town and I had some stuff to drop off that was left at our house from last weekend. We finally made it back to the house around 5, and I still needed to run and clean.

My run was terrible. It was too hot to have H in the jogging stroller and he let me know that. Then came bath and playtime until bed, so I didn't get to my hardcore cleaning until 7:30. I certainly made up for lost time. Every weekend I boil all of the nipples to Hardin's bottles. I'm a woman of convenience, so early on I decided the drop in bottles were perfect for me. Never scrubbing a bottle, I'll take it! Even though formula never touches them, the bottles were looking a little dingy. I decided it would be a great idea to boil those as well. It was not a good idea. I don't know if anyone would ever remember them, but there used to be a little toy that you would drop into hot water and they would shrivel up into a figurine. I think they were actually called Shrink'ums. My bottles must be made of the same thing, because those things shrunk in seconds! They also melted together, and morphed into odd shapes. Good thing I just got my Babies R Us email and Playtex feeding is buy one get one half off this week! I'll only buy one pack of three, and get a pack of liners half price... so it was only a $14 mistake. I'll count my blessings at that!

Not sure if you know how big a normal drop in bottle is, but it is MUCH bigger than an iPhone! And stands straight.

2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I got a good chuckle out of this blog?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what you get for being a clean freak! Just kidding---I've ruined many a thing trying to get it clean. :)

    ReplyDelete