Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pampers & PJs.

I finally got a picture of the teeth!  The boy made me work for that one.

Thursday night Hardin woke us up screaming at 2:30.  I thought it was because of his congestion.  I changed him and rocked him to calm him down and he went right back down.  He did the same thing at 4am Saturday morning.  I wised up that time.  We had put him down in his adorable little denim Huggies diapers that Uncle B sent, and new pajama short sets.  The diapers have been demoted to daytime only, and we're back in long sleeve footed sleepers.  I think the poor thing was just cold and wet.  He was back to his normal self last night for daddy.

My night was anything but normal.  I went for my first spend the night out by myself.  Every Memorial Day weekend we go to our friend Amanda's parent's farm for the Hog Wild Pig Roast.  After much discussion, we thought it would be best for Jason to stay home with the baby.  I actually wanted to bring him at first, but Jason won with the logic that I wouldn't relax if the baby was there, and I needed to relax.  I left when he went down for his nap yesterday at 2, so I only missed from 4-7 yesterday and 7:45-9 this morning.  It felt like MUCH longer.  I had an absolute blast and am glad I went, but leaving my boy was not fun. 

I got home today just as H was waking up from his morning nap.  I planned on lots of baby love today, man-o-man did I get it.  Hardin would not let me put him down.  Not for a minute.  He fussed if I even started to bend over to put him down.  He fussed if I was holding him half the time as well.  His congestion is much worse today and clearly it is bothering him.  We have an appointment with his pediatrician Wednesday to check on his head, so we'll check on the cold also.  He's still fever free, so I'm not too worried. 

He finally got in a great little mood right before bed time.  When ever I put him down, I lay him in his bed, hand him Bunny and Doug (the lamb), give him a big kiss and say I love you sleep tight.  He always starts wrestling with his animals and occasionally belts out a few tunes at the top of his lungs.  It cracks me up.  When Jason gets him up in the morning, he instructs him to say goodbye to your friends.  That cracks me up also. 




2 comments:

  1. So glad you got away for a little bit of girl time. Next year, H will be running all over the play at the event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh, those teeth are even cuter than I imagined!!

    I'm glad you got your night to relax. Jason was right...having O there was fun, but exhausting.

    O still sleeps in long sleeve footie PJs too. We keep it cool at night because she doesn't have blankets.

    ReplyDelete