Thursday, May 26, 2011

7 Magical Months.

Hardin is sick and I'm tired, but we still got the picture!  He's had a little cough and stuffy nose.  Nothing to slow him down at all though.  I'm counting down the end-of-the-month minutes to the three day weekend!

I knew these pictures would get harder once he was able to reach for the blocks, but I didn't know why.  I feel cruel putting perfectly fun toys in front of him and not letting him touch them.  I had to call daddy in for reinforcement. 

At 7 months, he is just about the same with eating and sleeping.  He's eating a little bit more fruits and veggies.  Still sleeps like a dream, and is down to three naps.  One morning, one afternoon, and usually a little cat nap around 5.  We have found him on his belly once in the morning, but for the most part he sleeps on his side and back.

He laughs a lot and it's adorable!  He's very ticklish right above his knees, and squeals when you squeeze there.  He also laughs at himself in his bed in the morning.  Cracks me up.

The only real new thing is that he is really grabbing and hugging on us now.  He used to just let you hold him.  Now if you out your arms out he will grab on them and pull himself into your arms.  He clings hangs on when you try and put him down, and he'll flat out hug your neck if he's excited about something. 

He is very aware of what he wants and doesn't want, and is very good at letting you know.  My sister in law says it's as if he came with a manual.  If he's tired, he scratches his head.  If he's hungry, he breaks his neck looking at the kitchen and smacks his mouth.  If he wants something, he reaches and grunts.  He has also started to whine a little, and I'm trying to figure out how to curb that habit.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE he is 7 months old!  

3 comments:

  1. Cutest pictures ever, and that is saying A LOT. Gotta love (and appreciate) babies that come with manuals. You do realized that your next one might not, right? :-)

    Is his hair looking darker now or is that just the lighting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny that you say that about Hardin coming with a manual. Olivia is the EXACT opposite of that. I never know what that girl wants. I just watch the clock. If it's been about 3 hours, I feed her. If she's been up about 2 hours, I put her to bed. I'll be super happy when she starts talking. I'm sure I'll eat those words.

    ReplyDelete