Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Score!

I had an 8am meeting this morning right across the street from my favorite Goodwill.  The new one on Hamilton Mill.  I will never begin to thank my friend Julie for introducing me to the beauty of Goodwill when you have young ones.  My meeting got out right at 9, which allowed me to stroll into the good store right as the sales men were wheeling the monstrosity* above out front.  The thing looked brand new.  No dirt, no fading.  It looks like it was set up indoors.   And I'm picky. 

I quickly glanced at the $39 price tag, and looked at similar ones online from my phone to learn I was saving myself  $259 off of the $299 price tag.  I pulled the tag off and marched right up to the register.  The poor men who had just put it together looked at me like I was crazy.  They immediately had to disassemble it to get it in my car.  Oh well, job security right.  

I figure we might as well embrace living in the country and join the club with the big plastic yard toys.  We've never denied being a little red.  One day we'll upgrade to wood. 

*I'll post a real picture once we put it together, but that will probably be a while.  I realize this will not be safe for the H man too soon, but we will have fun with the slide until he's climbing, and if he's anything like his cousin Cawley... that won't be long!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Looks like you're hosting the next play date! :)

    ReplyDelete