Saturday, April 16, 2011

A couple of first I'm not fond of.


First, I just put my baby to sleep* in NINE MONTH pajamas.  Not 6-9.  Just plain 9.  Tomorrow I'm going through his clothes again because so many of his sleepers are just too short.  I'm telling you the boy grew two inches this week.  Add that to the fact that I got my "your baby at 5 months, week 4" email today, and I just about cried.  He's sure getting way to big in a hurry.

The other first of the day was much more disturbing.  I promised myself I wouldn't blog about poos, but this was more like a mile stone.  I put him in the bath today and he splashed around for a minute or two...  and then came the face.  The red one.  The one that means it's coming.

I froze, I had no idea what to do, so I just sat there and watched it happen.  When he was done with his business I yelled down stairs for Jason to come hold him up while I washed and rinsed him.  Then I bleached everything in sight.  I love the little stinker, but I'll be a happy camper if that particular first is also a LAST! 

*I can't believe I caved and started using a comfort object as early as I did, about three weeks ago.  I know all the books say at least 6 months, but he LOVES holding on to things while he sleeps.  When I was swaddling him he was fine, but now that those arms are both out he needs something to snuggle with.  Last night it stormed bad.  Every time thunder would clap, he squeezed that little lamb.  I was so happy he had something to make him feel better.  I sure hope he doesn't end up hating storms as much as I do!
He's officially a sitter-upper.

LOVE those thunder thighs.

I love this one because his eyelids look so McWhorter.

3 comments:

  1. Yep! I definitely see that McWhorter coming out of him in that last picture.

    Those sleeping pictures are absolutely precious. Good gracious, I want to get my hands on that precious boy before he is wearing 12 month clothing!

    Can you BELIEVE how fast they grow? You are so right. It really IS like it happens overnight sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're officially a mommy until you've had your first poop in the tub incident!

    LOVE the picture from behind of him sitting up.

    I'm still too chicken to get a sleeping in the crib picture. It sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate having to clean out the closet too. I feel like they never wear the cute stuff enough! It is almost like kids closets need a weekly sprucing!

    ReplyDelete