Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Like a sweet sunset in Georgia, let it go.

Keep your heart above your head, and your eyes wide open, 
so this world can't find a way to leave you cold.
You know you're not the only ship out on the ocean, 
save your strength for things that you can change, 
forgive the ones you can't, you gotta let it go. -Zac Brown

This has been my anthem over the past three weeks at work.  If I've listened to it once, I've listened to it 100 times.  I love the song, and the reminder to spend my precious time on the things I can change, but I love the fact that my brother loves it even more.  I've been trying to send him Georgia stuff every once in a while, just because.  When I fell in love with the new ZBB album, I sent a copy.  This song is B's favorite.  It is very LAME American Tail of me, but it's comforting to know even though he's a half-a-world away, we could very well be jamming to the same song in our cars.  Both of us probably equally stressed about work as well. 

Lucky for B, he gets to go home to his beautiful view in Hawaii.  Lucky for me, I get to come home to this cutie!  I keep thinking that I don't ever want him to change a bit.  Then he gets older and his little personality just shines through more.  Then I really don't want him to grow up anymore, and so goes the cycle, but it's a cycle I love.  He's a busy boy these days, and it's so fun to watch him soaking it all in.  He's also getting more affectionate.  He nuzzles his little head on your shoulder and reaches his little arms around your arms and neck.  Melts my heart!


2 comments:

  1. You are a great sister and a wonderful mommy. Life can be stressful, so it's good you know how to focus on what matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I keep thinking that I don't ever want him to change a bit. Then he gets older and his little personality just shines through more. Then I really don't want him to grow up anymore, and so goes the cycle, but it's a cycle I love."..........absolutely, positively agree 100%. LOVE the way you put that!

    ReplyDelete