Monday, April 25, 2011

I loved this weekend!

This weekend was jam packed full of family fun.  Short of my bro and Mimi, we got to see almost all of our Thornberry and McWhorter families. 

Saturday we hosted a shower for my cousin Sean and his soon-to-be-bride Leah.  They were in town from Steamboat Springs as well as Sean's sister Cheryl, and her husband Damon.  I normally spend hours and hours cooking in preparation for a shower.  I spent 20 minutes at Costco Friday, and ten minutes Saturday morning ordering some "Southern Favorites" as requested by the guests of honor.  I sent Jason and Hardin out with a list and mapped out itinerary...  BBQ here, Pimento Cheese here, wine here, etc.  I cleaned.

They got home, unloaded the goodies, and quickly turned around and headed to the club for the annual Easter Egg hung and pictures with the Easter Bunny.  I can not wait to see the pictures!  Jason said they just dressed up a cart guy and hired a photographer and it was hysterical. 

The shower was a wonderful night full visiting with my Thornberry family.  Neither of my cousins had met Hardin and needless to say they just loved him.  Other than being totally confused as to why there were 33 people in his house, Hardin was a charmer.  We are looking forward to the wedding this July in Steamboat.

Next up was by far one of the most emotional church services of all time.  I've been telling Jason ever since we had the baby, that my feelings toward my Christian faith have been so much stronger.  I've been waiting for this morning's sermon for a while, I needed to hear the story of Easter again, and let me just tell you he told it well this morning.  There was not a dry mama eye in the building.  I know this because we were running extremely late and had to sit in the second row from the back...  of the balcony.

The boys napped when we got home, and then we headed to Jason's cousin Brittany's house for an egg hunt and dinner.  His cousins hadn't met Hardin either, so it was great to see all of them.  Hardin was great until it was time to take pictures, as soon as I sat him in the grass he lost it.  He's NOT a fan of grass.

As always, it was so fun to have H and Lillian together.  Look out folks, in about 3 months those two are going to be nuttin' but trouble!  As you can see, I could not narrow down the pictures from this weekend. 


























2 comments:

  1. These pictures are ALL just adorable, Tiffany. Every one of them. The cousin pictures are definitely going to be big treasures one day.

    I also had an extremely emotional Easter this year. Good grief. I think tears started flowing before I even sat down in the pew this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...great pictures! I love the one of H crying and Lillian looking at him like she has no idea why he's crying. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete