Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Maw Maw


Since Elise has been on maternity leave, I haven't had to take Hardin to mom's house every other Friday.  Come to find out, this was making my poor Maw Maw sad.  She had grown very fond of having him around.  That just about broke my heart, and I decided that I'd take him to mom's once a week even though I didn't have to.  I think that will be good for everyone.  I remember how much I looked forward to going to both of my grandmother's houses.  I'm sure H will follow suit. 

As usual, Maw Maw heard me pull in the driveway, which is very difficult because I drive an almost silent Toyota Matrix.  So you know she's waiting by the door.  I hung out a while to visit, and it is just so sweet to see him with her.  He is quite intrigued by her glasses, and if given the opportunity would rip them right off her sweet face.

Dinner tonight had me in tears laughing.  Every time I'd take the spoon to Hardin's face, he'd stick out his tongue.  Every. Time.  He's such a mess.  Figuratively and literally.  That's why I was feeding him in his Bumbo.  It's easier to clean than the straps on his high chair he likes to chew on when I dilly dally in between spoon fulls. 

2 comments:

  1. Cute baby tongue! I never realized how much your mom and Maw Maw look alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet pictures. Glad Maw Maw got her boy back!

    Girl, don't those highchairs just get nasty??? The one thing that is keeping me from hyperventilating about Anna Bea being my last is that I know as soon as she moves out of that thing, I can toss it in the trash. :-)

    ReplyDelete