Sunday, May 6, 2012

Say CHEESY!

Now that Mimi has her picture, I can share...  

When Jason was in Bandon Dunes, I took a Saturday morning trip to JCP to have Hardin's picture made.  It was a lot more difficult than I thought to keep that away from my mother-in-law and mom.  Turns out everyone ask you what you are up to all the time when your husband is gone.

For Mimi.

When we were expecting, she sent up this little outfit of Jason's from when he was a boy.  Needless to say I fell in love with it, and have been plotting this picture for a while.  To think that Jason wore that very same little outfit brings a smile to my face and tear to my cheek.  Every once in a while, I'd take it out to see if it would fit.  As luck would have it, that was right before Mothers Day and Mimi's birthday!

I am fully aware of how cheesy they are.  But the cuteness outweighs the cheesy in my opinion.  Mimi's opinion too, she LOVED it.  I framed the more candid one on the left.  It is also worth noting that this was not a costume.  Little boys really dressed like little sailors and that is just too cute for me to even fathom. 

I also sent one of these to Uncle Scott with a note from Hardin that said something to the effect of... please come home and save me before she does something like this again!

For Gigi.
She's been wanting a "studio picture" for a while.  I'm not one for those usually, because they tend to be beautiful, but not look like the actual kid.  That said, we all know that what Gigi wants, Gigi gets around here.  She ask for very little and does so very much.  They all look much better in print than on the snap shot from my phone.

Lots to come about our awesome quick trip, but I'm way too tired to look at the pictures and this one has been ready to go just waiting on me to get the gifts out first.  

1 comment:

  1. Precious...my favorite part, though, is the note to Scott!! :) I'm sure he just about peed his pants.

    ReplyDelete