Sunday, May 27, 2012

Long Wide

Yesterday morning I kept telling Hardin to get ready for a long ride.  Today, he keeps pulling my shirt asking me to go for a long wide.  I think it's safe to say H thoroughly enjoyed his first Pig Roast.  He also slept until 8:40 this morning, which makes it a total success in my book. 

The Pig Roast is hosted by our friend Amanda's wonderful family at their farm every Memorial Day weekend. I think this may be the 9th year I've attended, and look I forward to it every year.  It's such a nice time to catch up and not have nine million other distractions.  In addition to the great company, it's just plain gorgeous there!

Overall, Jason and I were both very pleased with how well H did in a new place with a ton of new people.  He was clingy for a little bit, but then did great playing with Livvy and a few of the adults he suckered into playing ball.  I've got to get a picture of him laughing soon.  Folks kept commenting on how he puts his hands over his mouth and bends over.  It is pretty funny. 

I had a great time visiting with my friends I don't see nearly enough these days!
Terrible picture of me, but the only family one from the day.
He was so hot and sweaty all day.  LOVE. IT.

He leveled O with one of his bear hugs later on.
 


Finally, a story that hopefully B will not take the wrong way.  Scott was already living in Hawaii at the time my family hosted a baby shower.  He sent up a gift for me to open there and of course I cried.  It was an authentic Hawaiian outfit that is too cute, but a size 2T.  For almost two years now, he's been asking me if H wore the outfit.  I don't think baby clothes sizes jive too well in the head of a then 27 year old single guy.  Every time I'd cringe and say, no, he's not quite big enough yet.  I hated disappointing him after all the sweet thought that went into the gift.  Well, he finally IS big enough, and had the perfect outfit for the luau theme this year.  The shirt was a bit too hot, but he wore the shorts all day.   
In his full garb, before he took off the shirt.  So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment