Friday, May 4, 2012

I totally forgot...

To post what could be my favorite daddy/Hardin pictures yet.  They were from last weekend when we went to the Strawberry Fest at Washington Farms, and then after.  If that's not a little boy who wants to be just like daddy, I don't know what is. 
We stumbled upon the fest when I googled "petting zoos near Winder, GA," Friday night after feeling like a bad mama for being home late a lot last week.  We actually were signed up for a fundraiser photo shoot in Athens Saturday, but I wanted to take him somewhere he would enjoy, not me.  Turns out, that's a good way to google just about anything my son would be interested it. 
We were there Saturday at 9 when they opened, and the place was already packed.  We've now pledged to always be first at things like that.  It was hot.  And packed.  And kinda stinky and chaotic first thing, so I would imagine as the afternoon rolled on it was way out of my realm of things I want to have anything to do with. 

After you did the little fair things, you stop on the way out and pick your strawberries.  Hardin had the right idea.  He'd pick one, and not even pause to look at what he was putting in his mouth before he was reaching for the next.  He ate the rest of the bucket over the week and loved every second.  They were so sweet and tasty they gave his precious blue berries a run for their money.

But have no fear...  Mimi has plenty of blue berries waiting for us TOMORROW when we get there.  In all of the 10 plus years I've known Jason, we've never done an impromptu trip to Ft. Myers.  If I'd have known how easy it was we'd have done this years ago! 

Next stop.  Salty sunny air.  Ahhhhh. 




Hay ride!
 

He pulls his bag around ALL THE TIME.

1 comment:

  1. That "Goatel 6" sign has been giggling over here. Have so much fun on your trip!!

    ReplyDelete