Not to mention, that particular day he had stood by me through the worst three years ever. We got married one week after I finished school. Looking back I shake my head at how I acted, and am amazed he didn't run while he could. Lucky for me, he didn't. And lucky for him, I snapped back to my normal self and we've shared an amazing 5 years together since.
I am incredibly proud of both of us for the promise we made and how well we've lived up to the vows we took so far.
I am equally proud that on the same day, I kept the most important promise my dad ever asked me to make him. The only one really. That I finish school before getting married.
He never pushed me to do anything, and didn't even know about law school until I told my him I applied. It wasn't about him wanting me to be successful, it was about giving me the time I needed to figure out things for myself. I'll forever be thankful for that time my sweet daddy insisted on.
Jason and I dated for as long as we've been married, so we really weren't expecting that much of a change. Turns out, there were many, but my favorite has been watching our family grow and develop. Family has gone from yours and mine, to ours.
For me it really started to happen with Cawley, and Hardin's birth solidified the feeling. Knowing my son has as much Becky, Jerry and Justin blood as he does mom, dad, Scott and Lara, makes them seem like much more than in-laws. They are just plain family.
As far as gifts go, we agreed nothing else other than a night out with each other. We just booked our flights to Hawaii this week, and that was damage enough to the check book. I'm still processing being away from my boy for 6 days. Denial would be the best word for it.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our wedding day. It was a Saturday afternoon, exactly like today, with perfect Georgia weather. As much as we wanted to elope, I'm very happy my parents insisted on a wedding with about 60 of our family and friends. I wouldn't trade these pictures for anything!
| Max baptized my brother and me as well! |
| Faith is on the phone from London! |
| Funniest best man toast ever! |
Tiff----that was an awesome day! You were the most beautiful (and tan) bride! I think we've all been through "growing pains" while trying to figure out just what we are going to do with our lives. You are not alone sister! I am very proud of the woman you've become and of the wonderful mother that you are to Hardin. Love you!
ReplyDeleteIt definitely was a fun time! So glad you have those memories. Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHate that I missed this day...but I do always love looking at the pictures. One of these days, I'm going to get your mom to watch the video with me! Happy Anniversary, you two :)
ReplyDelete