Friday, February 24, 2012

g g g g G!

That's what Hardin says when we start going downstairs on work mornings.  The first few G's are babble, the last is very strong.  Strange how he knows if I have on makeup Gigi is here.  He never says that when I'm in sweats and a ponytail.  Smart one, that kid. 

Today was a Gigi's house day, and for the first time EVER Hardin napped like he does at home.  I'm pretty sure mom has never been happier.  She has dreamed about the day she could keep him there more often.  At first we thought he hated the pack-n-play, but almost 6 months ago I bought an entire bed for him to keep there, and he still hated it.  Crib, bedding, bumpers, blankets, the whole shebang.  I'd given in to the fact that they'd just be used for my next youngin and hopefully my bro and sister's kids.
 
I've skipped talking about it, because in the grand spirit of most obnoxious things in my life, I think if I ignore them they will go away.  Lo-and-behold it did!  He napped from 12:30-after 3.  Hallelujah!  As spoiled rotten as I am for having mom here every day, I get stir crazy in my house when it's raining all weekend, so I can only imagine how she feels 4 days a week.  She's slowly getting a little bit of her life back.  Must be time to have another baby... HAHA, not!  Hopefully next year.  As usual, I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but this really was a big day for G.  Really.

Other than that, we've just been dealing with a super stuffy nose and cough this week.  No funky colors and no fever, so we're just relying on saline drops and a humidifier to work their magic on our boy.  And one of Mimi's secret tricks.  Shhh...  cake on a thick layer of adult vapor rub on the bottoms of his feet, followed by good socks, right before bed.  I kid you not, he coughed the entire way home from mom's tonight, all through dinner and bath, and then after his vapo-foot treatment his little hiney popped straight into the air and he went to sleep.  Not a cough out of him since.  There must be a handbook they give grandmothers, because they sure do know something to cure everything baby related.  God bless them!  


2 comments:

  1. Yay for long naps at Gigi's house. That might sound like a small detail to some....but not to a mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those are some cute Hardin faces. I'll be using that vapor rub on the feet trick next time O gets a runny nose...genius!

    ReplyDelete