Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Babies don't keep :(

I was scanning the shelf of a cute little antique store today when I saw that poem framed.  It didn't have any place in our home, but the sweet words brought a tear to my eye and took me right back to those nights rocking my sweet boy.  He still gets rocked for two songs every night, The ABCs and You are my Sunshine, but that only takes about 2 minutes.  Nothing like our old rocking sessions, but I'm happy we've moved on to big boy hugs and kisses and a quick bedtime routine. 

Speaking of growing too fast, I failed to post any H facts on his 11 month post.  Here are a few things about our boy at this age...  the best one yet! 

He can give high five, clap when you sing or say YAY, wave his hand hi and bye and point.

He can say dada (his first real word), mama, Gigi, cracker, no (no, no, no complete with a finger wiggle), hi, yay, bye and night night (sounds like nigh nigh).  Mom also swears he can say Mickie (her sister), down, and there... but we have yet to hear those. 

He is fast as lightening with his crawl, and loves for you to chase him.  He will stop and turn around to make sure you are following him, and then take off again. 

He is still sleeping great, and taking two naps a day. 

He loves gold fish crackers, chicken of all kinds, fruit, yogurt and pasta.

He knows exactly what button makes every noise/song.  He will go straight to his favorites and look at you to make sure you are dancing too. 

He has no interest at all in the television, but will bust a gut to get to the computer if you have it in your lap.   It's enough to drive you crazy keep you off the computer when you should be playing with the baby. 

He's a goof.  A grouchy goof sometimes in front of strangers, but a lovie goof around the house. 

I'm sure there are a zillion other things, but that's all I got tonight.  I also don't have any pictures because I left my camera at the trips house last night after our dinner date. 

2 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I saw Hardin when we came to see you at the hospital. I thought he was just so perfect looking! Love that saying. It's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poem is one of my all time favorites. So true.

    ReplyDelete