Sunday, October 2, 2011

Punkin Pickin

Last night we went out for a ton of folks birthdays, including my impending 30th. It was so much fun!  I love that even though we don't see our friends nearly as often, it feels like we never missed a beat when we are together.  We were planning on staying in a hotel and going to the game today, but Gigi has a kidney infection and I wanted her to have some time to rest.

I also hated to tell Jason, but leaving my baby boy to watch football wasn't at the top of my birthday wish list.  I may have the most under-used season ticket in UGA history, I've yet to use it once.  Jason cannot wait until Hardin is old enough to go to the games with him.  I still wanted J to go, so H and I dropped him off right before the noon kickoff...  then the real fun started!

First up was a lunch date at Chick-Fil-A.  This was the first time I took him to the indoor play area and he loved it, as long as he had one hand on me.  Therefore I loved it too.

Next up was naps for both.  After naps, we went to Faith Fest at the church.  It is a huge event they have every fall, with bands, crafts, food, and lots of stuff for kids. 

The only thing we skipped was the "All God's Creatures" tent.  They mean it when they say all.  It's a good thing J wasn't with us, because he would have ran screaming at the sight of the gigantic snake wrapped around people's necks. 

We walked around, watched all the commotion, and resisted spending money except for our $.75 pumpkin and an Italian Ice that H gobbled up.  Hardin picked out his very own baby pumpkin.  We waited on getting a big one.  Daddy loves that job and I didn't want to rob him of picking his first one out with our boy. 

Hardin danced to the live music.  And danced.  And danced.  He's sure got some rhythm in those bones! 

Oh, and he also tried a sample slice of fried pickle dipped in ranch and LOVED it.  In case there was any question of his maternity, that proved it right then and there.










See ya later... 

Be forewarned.  At the very first sign of an overcast day, we will be heading back to the pumpkin patch in a fall outfit for more pictures.

4 comments:

  1. love these pictures! h in that precious gameday jacket, those baby pumpkins, all of it. seriously jealous of your chick-fil-a outing, though...i think i may miss home after all. i also think i can give you a run for your money in the season-ticket-going-to-waste department...only i have a UGA ticket AND a falcons ticket not getting used. FAIL! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkins, pumpkins, everywhere. And you had the cutest one out there for sure. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I was telling Austin yesterday that I want to take O to pick a pumpkin! We did happen to snap some pictures outside of Home Depot where they have some pumpkins set up, but that doesn't really count.

    Maybe we can go together??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post Tiff!! Love the pics of Hardin (those teeth are too cute!). Can't believe I have yet to lay eyes on him :( Someday soon! Love you,
    Paliss

    ReplyDelete