Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Fun day, even if I can't prove it.
Jason is forever nagging me about taking too many pictures. I'm forever telling Jason if you don't have a picture, it didn't happen. I proved myself wrong Sunday.
We all slept late after mom's big party. J got up with the baby around 8:45 and put him down for his nap before he left to play golf. My lazy bones stayed in bed until after noon. AFTER NOON. You heard that right. I haven't done that in well over a year, probably close to two. It was awesome.
The weather was perfectly overcast for pictures. I got H dressed in a fall outfit and we headed to the pumpkin patch again. It appears I'm going to get a customer rewards card because we will be headed back again. Hardin wouldn't even think about smiling unless I was holding him. I think he's just holding out for a pumpkin picking trip with daddy. We picked up a couple more $.75 small ones because I felt obligated to buy something.
Next we went to deliver a few baby gifts. First stop was Jon and Steph's house to meet 5 week old baby Luke. Hardin was more interested the baby than I thought he would be. He wanted to touch him, which was fine, but he also wanted to pull his hair. So not fine. We'll continue to try and break that habit around here. He didn't mind at all when I held him but he dang near lost it when Luke got a bottle and he didn't. I think we are going to go with the out-of-sight-out-of-mind theory for taking the bottle away. Hardin's buddy Leighton was napping most of the time, but the two of them looked pitiful once she got up. She wanted to go outside. He wanted to do what she was doing.
Next stop on our baby train was to visit the Holders and 11 day old baby Blakely. After the hair pulling incident, I thought it best to keep those two apart. Besides, Hardin was way to busy watching their 4 and 2 year old boys to pay any attention to the baby.
I know what your are thinking... all of those newborns must have me thinking of our next one. Nope. Not at all. While I definitely want another baby one day, I'm loving the simple life with one right now. I think about how crazy life will be one day with sports, and school, and camps, and activities; and it makes me as anxious as it does excited. Jason and I are pretty laid back people, and for now we are totally enjoying this one relatively easy baby thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That fall longall is about the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life.
ReplyDeleteAnd it's good to know that you get a hard time about taking so many pictures. It drives Bill insane.
Finally, I hear you on enjoying the one you got for awhile. I'm having a ball with my little one, and especially so because I am not pregnant and/or planning for another. You've got plenty of time for more babies. Might as well use it!
I can't wait to get some pumpkin pictures too. Those ones you got are pretty cute...even if he's not smiling.
ReplyDeleteAnd I hear ya on the one baby. I'd like to have more but can't think of how I'd possibly do it!
I'm loving the pumpkin pictures! I find myself weirdly excited about decorating for Fall and have several pumpkins up around here! Even though I've said it a thousand times, I love his outfits! I could just gobble him up!XOXO
ReplyDelete