 |
| Mom's sister Mickie, brother Gary, Maw Maw, mom, and brother Danny. The whole gang! |
We have had a very busy few days around here!
It started with my 30th on Wednesday. I had an absolutely wonderful day and am honestly excited about entering my thirties. I got lots of flowers at work from my sweet boys and my awesome office girls. My girls at work took me to a super snazzy restaurant for lunch, and the boys took me to Ruby Tuesday at 5:30 for dinner. It was my choice, and I chose not to drive far and I like the salad bar. What can I say? Welcome to 30.
Friday night some of my favorite girl friends and neighbors came over for a little gals dinner party. Jason joined us for dinner and then headed to bed. The rest of us sat around and chatted
way too late. It was so much fun, but I was a terrible hostess and snuck away to bed before everyone was gone. Again, welcome to 30 I guess.
Saturday was the BIG event of the week. My mom's 60th birthday is today, and we had a surprise birthday party for her at my sister's house last night. All three of her siblings and their families were there, as well as some of her favorite cousins, and she was TOTALLY surprised.
The only thing I was anxious about was getting this Skype thing right with my brother so he could "be there." I had never done this before, and although he assured me an idiot could do it, I just knew I would mess it up. Well, I got the computer and camera all set up in the kitchen, signed up for an account, and sent a message to Scott to add him as a Skype friend. I had sent him a text earlier that we'd be ready around 7, and literally (and I mean it, no exaggeration), the second we were all saying Amen after the blessing the computer started making the craziest noises. I quickly ran to shut it up and there was B! Right there, while the whole family was together looking. We never in a million years could have even planned it that well.
The kitchen got too noisy so I carried B over to the entryway and he sat on top of the piano and spoke to everyone. He gave us a video tour of his insanely gorgeous view, and now more than ever Jason and I are in vacation planning mode. Mom had so much fun showing him Hardin and how much he's grown. And now that I know how easy it is, we will be doing this Skype thing much more often.
One of mom's brothers plays in a band and host karaoke on the weekends. He brought his equipment knowing my mother is the karaoke queen of the world. She sang. And sang. And sang. And had a ball! The Morrison's are a bunch of goof balls, I'll give them that. I absolutely love that they are all that silly, and have so much fun without the first drink. They just like being with each other.
Happy birthday to my sweet, sweet mother. The most loving person I have ever known in my entire life. She's amazing, and we are all so lucky to have her!
PS... she looks GREAT for 60 if you ask me!
The photo's are identified by relation to Hardin (and any future children if God has that in his plan for us!). There are quite a few missing, but this is a good start.
 |
| Your dad's brother Johnny married Jackie, this is Sandy, her sister, and her husband Keith |
 |
| Johnny's wife Jackie, and Sandy's niece Reagan |
 |
| Sandy's son Jonathan (an Eagle Scout and Marine), and his wife Lindsey |
 |
| Your maw maw, her brother's daughter Connie (Gigi's cousin), Connie's daughter Bonnie, and her son Daniel |
 |
| Baby Regan, Jonathan and Lindsey's first, at 3 months. |
 |
| Your aunt Mickie, mom's sister. |
 |
| Not sure how good of an idea it was to use all 60 candles! |
 |
| Mom and Rick, Cynthia's husband. |
 |
| Mickie, Bailey (my cousin Dustin's daughter), mom, her brother Gary, her brother Danny's daughter Katie, her cousin Connie's daughter Cynthia, and Lara |
 |
| Sweet Maw Maw and my cousin Dustin, mom's brother Danny's son (one month younger than me). |
 |
| Danny's kids Dustin, Katie, Casey and my sister Lara. |
 |
| Katie's boyfriend Alex, Katie, mom's sister Mickie's daughter Lindsey, Bailey and Dustin. |
Happy, Happy 60th to the ever-adorable Gail...to call her the sweetest is an understatement!
ReplyDeleteAs for Skype, I TOLD you it was easy!! Now you know who ELSE you could call...ech HEM. And teach our friends! It's seriously pathetic that I've been here for 2 months and the only people who've Skyped me are Katie, Jama, and my sister. Oh...and Ali's mom, of course. Always ahead of the technology curve!
Also FYI, there's an app for your iPhone that's almost easier than the computer - and in my experience, often clearer. The video situation is sometimes not worth dealing with, but if what you want is to have a conversation without dialing long-distance (or internationally - Wes and I used the hell out of this), it's golden.
Happy Birthday Gail! What a fun few days! Hardin looks like he had a blast!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful party! I remember the karoke from your graduation party! So glad it was a success...hugs to Gigi! XOXO
ReplyDeleteLate congrats from me too! Happy 60th Gail! Remember that 60 is the new 40 and go for it! I know this for a fact!
ReplyDelete