Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Three months!

Smile just wasn't happening tonight.
The H-man is three months old today.  That was the longest blink of my life.  Seriously.  I had him, blinked, and woke up this morning.  Whew...
Outfits from his 1 day and 3 month pictures, makes me want to cry.
We celebrated by taking a 2 hour nap in the glider together.  I haven't done that in a couple of weeks because he has been doing so good in his crib, I didn't want to mess with his mojo.  I enjoyed the nap more than him, he squirmed around the entire time.  I think he's gotten used to his wiggle room. 
Love my feet.

He gave me my first little scare yesterday.  I got home from work and mom suggested I check his temp because when he woke up from his nap he felt warm.  It was 99.5.  His pediatrician told us to call anytime it's above 100.4, but I almost called anyway.  We kept an eye on him for a little while, nothing changed with his temp and he was just a little extra sleepy.  We decided to see how he did through the night and call in the morning.  This morning it was 99.3, and a few hours later it was 99.0.  We're down to 98.9.  As long as he's down again in the morning, we'll chalk it up to a growth spurt or something, and skip a trip to the pediatricians office to pick up germs. This is also the reason for the so-so three month pictures.  Neither of us were up for a 100 snap photo shoot.
Arms out!

Only other big event of the week was his suprise swaddle breakout Monday night.  I was beginning to fear I was going to have to swaddle him until he was 2.  I put him down and he started squriming to suck on his hand.  After about 10 minutes he was successful in getting his hand to his mouth, and his swaddle blanket to completely cover his face.  I snuck in and pulled his arms all the way out.  He started flaling around and woke himself up.  I re-swaddled him, but him back down, and the same exact cycle happend again.  I'm sure you can guess what happened next.  But, this time he stayed asleep once I pulled his arms out and folded the blanket down.  Mom put him down for his naps Tuesday in a sleep sack, no swaddle, and he did just fine.

I worry sometimes that I won't know when to do things, help him transition or adjust for him growing at the right times.  This reminded me to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.  My sweet little boy will let me know when he's ready for a change. 
It aint always pretty 'round here.
Hardin- Happy 3 Months buddy, WE LOVE YOU! 

3 comments:

  1. I share in your worries about when to do or not do things. Guess it's normal! Unless I swaddle Olivia extra tight, she usually breaks her arms out. My mom told me the other day that the minute you think you've got them figured out, that's when they change it up! LOVE your "it ain't always pretty around here" picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute post, tiff...can't believe how much bigger his outfits have gotten in just 3 months! good thing he doesn't have a girlish figure to keep an eye on or he might start asking you to put him on diet formula ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit comparison pictures. Wow! That really shows how quickly they grown. Sniff. Sniff.

    ReplyDelete