 |
| Burrito baby going down for the night. Have to use a crib pad for spit up. |
I've had a pesty little sinus problem for a few days now, and the night before last it got worse. I was up all night sneezing and blowing my nose. I woke poor baby H up numerous times, and had to pick him up to get him comforted back to sleep. That led to my decision to try out his big boy crib yesterday. He's been in that rock-in-play sleeper, at my bedside, for naps and night time since the second we bought it. I'm normally a staunch "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," kinda girl, but our sleeping situation was finally broke.

Nap #1 went very well, but his first nap of the morning is always his easiest as I think he's still finishing up the night's sleep. Nap #2 was met with a little protest. I put him down and decided to fold the laundry. If he was still fussing when I was done, I'd pick'em up. He wasn't in there for 3 minutes before he was out like a light. Naps #3 & 4 went about the same. Finally, it was time to put him down for the night. I stuck with the plan and put him in his bed. He went right to sleep, but for some reason I was just sure he'd wake up wanting me to come snatch him up and bring him in our room. I was very wrong. He slept like a dream, even through my pop-ins every 15 minutes. I decided to have a glass of wine and try and calm myself down to go to sleep. 3 hours later, I'd watched way too much crummy TV, the baby hadn't made a peep, and I called it a night. He woke up one time at 1:30, ate, and went right back down until 7:45. Everything happens for a reason, so maybe my sinus problem was a little blessing in disguise. It helped me see that he was ready for some room to grow and peace and quite to sleep. Lord help me though, I miss him : (
 |
| TAA DAA! I did it mom! |
 |
| Big stretch! |
On a side note, his dad ditched me too! He couldn't sleep with all of my huffing and puffing either. Hopefully I'll have at least one of my Mac men back soon.
Bless your heart. The good news is that I can almost guarantee he will be back at some point during the next 6 months, if only for a night or two.
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better soon.
Yay!! That's awesome. It's sad when you miss their little warm, snuggling bodies, but I bet you'll be glad when he's a year old and not in your room. :)
ReplyDeleteYou will be glad one day. Davis never slept in our room. Cash did, but we are very thankful that they love their own beds. Like Julie said...he will be back soon enough. Enjoy the wine :)
ReplyDelete