| Before work. Must. Get. Hair. Cut. |
Today was my first day back at work. No bueno.
I'm going to make a very conscious effort not to complain about it, or seek pity for doing what so many wonderful women do with grace every single day. But whatever you do, do not mistake my lack of grumbling for anything more than what it is... my mission to remain positive. I miss my sweet boy SO MUCH and think about him every single minute I am gone. So much that I can't elaborate anymore without completely losing it, so just know that I miss him as much as anyone can possibly miss someone... and then a little more.
I do wish I had the type of career where you could save up some money, take a couple years off and come back right where you left off (if such career actually exist), but that's not the case. If I were to be gone for a few years, I'd come back to a twenty something (we'll call her the-new-me), sitting at my desk, for a fraction of what I'd want to be paid in 5 years. There's no use in getting older if you're not getting more experienced. So therein lies my reality, back to work for me!
| Made it home to snuggle @ 4:45 |
Over all it went as well as could be expected. I only teared up about 10 times. Cried once when I called to check on him and heard him singing. Sobbed once when I typed the paragraph above just trying to think of a way to put in to words how much I miss him. There will also be a ban on country music in the mornings implemented immediately, so as to prevent anymore crying spells. Special thanks to Zac Brown, I am neither divorced nor drive on I-20, but that song did me in this morning.
Jason was off for MLK Day, and survived his first day home with the baby all to himself. H man was very good for him, and I think J really enjoyed it. Mom starts "work" tomorrow, and I tell you this puts Christmas Eve to shame for her. She's so excited and I am so excited for her. Before I had him I thought it was going to be a burden for her to come watch him, but now that I know how much fun he is, I'm not worried at all. Jason's generally off to work in the mornings before I get out of bed, and gets home around 3 most days. He's also works from home Wednesdays, so mom will be caring for Hardin Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from around 8:30 when I leave, until 3ish when Jason gets home. Between the three of us, I'd say the little guy is going to be just fine.
| Note the spit-up above "Georgia," proof of his day's work. |
Oh Tiff...what a sweet account of a tough day. I hope it gets easier for you! So glad you have Gigi to look after Baby H for you during the day. Oh...and good call on the country music moratorium. You know yourself better than that! ;)
ReplyDeleteI'll be calling you to help me be positive in about 2 1/2 weeks when I go back. WAAAAAAA!
ReplyDeleteYou are setting a wonderful example for him. And enabling an amazing bond to form between a grandmother and a grandson.
ReplyDelete