Saturday, October 15, 2011

Look who's walkling!

Hardin took his first real steps today! He's been taking one or two then falling for a while, but today he actually started to do it on purpose. It's worth noting that Jason started this, not me. Of course I'm excited for Hardin and his new skills, but man, what happened to my baby?

It sure is hard to take pictures because he wants to go back and forth between Jason and me as fast as he can. We're not talking a wobbly baby walk, we're talking a smidgen slower than a baby run. I don't think he realizes he's not very good at this yet. Sweet boy.

This week was weirdly busy for the second week of October, but no complaints here. That kind of busy is good. I did get slightly behind on my house work though and as I've feared since mom started watching H, she picked up my slack. Of course I LOVE her for it, especially the clean sheets and towels! But I really do try to let the fear of my sweet mama cleaning my house keep me on top of my game around here. Jason too.

Today J and I worked all around this house. I took H to the park while he mowed and did the edging. If not, Hardin just stares out the windows watching him and gets very frustrated that he can't go outside and play. Then he hung out in his swing while I cleaned out the garage and napped while J cleaned the gutters.

We ended the day at a cook out at my closer Corrie's house. H loved playing with her two sweet dogs and showing off his new walking skills! We are terrible guests right now though. First ones there, eat, out. Gotta protect that bedtime.

This picture just cracks me up. Like he's about to attack if daddy would just let him go!
And this one makes me happy. Very very happy.

3 comments:

  1. that last one is a framer for sure! love it! i can't wait for his birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look out mama...your whole life just changed. You thought he was fast before, but that ain't nothin'!

    Looking forward to seeing his new skills in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessss! He will surely be hard to catch now! I still crack up thinking back to him dancing in the living room last Saturday morning to Taylor Swift! I tried to imitate it for Frank, but I can't even do Hardin's moves any justice! XOXO

    ReplyDelete