Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The many faces of Hardin

The last week or so, I have been trying to capture all of my favorite faces our little cutie makes. I have no doubt I will remember them all forever, but just in case, I want to make sure. He has quite a little personality these days. No more sleeping the day away. He is awake for a good two hour stretch in the morning, about an hour or so early afternoon, and then he stays up for a 3 hour stretch in the evening (grumpy time). There are lots of shorter periods of awake time, but those are his longest. He has figured out how much fun there is to be had in this world, and wants to be having fun the entire time he is awake now! He LOVES his turtle play mat that Cheryl and Damon sent. He cracks me up kicking, swatting and yelling at it! He also loves the music and mirror on his swing.

He is starting to really try and talk and sing. It is about the cutest thing I have ever witnessed in my life. If you hold him close and sing to him, he watches so intently and tries to move his mouth. Every few seconds a little sound makes its way out. I have also been singing him to sleep at night, and it calms him right down. Bless his little heart, he is the only person in the world that has ever liked to hear me sing. Jason and I always joked that as much as we would love one, there was no way we could have a musically gifted child. Our musical talents are limited to J's ability to clap to Cheeseburger in Paradise, and my one time ability to play the first few chords of Nirvana's Come As You Are (you can't go through an early 90s grunge phase without picking up that valuable knowledge). He may just prove us wrong. At night, I lay my iPhone on my chest and play music to sing to him. His favorites are Live's I'll Dance With You and Overcome. He doesn't know it yet, but his GiGi bought him an iPod/CD player for his room for Christmas, and I just know he's going to love it! Maybe it will even encourage him to spend a little more time in there.

1 comment:

  1. My gosh, I LOVE that precious little boy. L-O-V-E, love. We feel the same way about our kids having any sort of musical ability. :-)

    ReplyDelete