Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I look like my daddy too.


It's only fitting to have a daddy post on Jason's birthday.  I know J tries not to be bothered by it, but he doesn't love the fact that everyone is always telling us how much Hardin looks like me.  Yes, he has a striking resemblance to me as an adult.  I can vividly remember the surprise in Jason's voice when he realized that to this date.  As soon as he saw the baby for the first time, he said "he's perfect" then he paused, and with an excited question tone in his voice he said "he looks like you?!" 

See, our nephew Cawley looks a lot like Jason.  In fact, when a girl in my office met him, she gave me a strange look and said "I'm not sayin anything... but I'm just sayin, that boy looks an awful lot like your husband."  She was joking of course.  But the thing is, in order to look like Jason, you also have to look like Justin.  And Jerry.  And Jeff.  And Roddy.  And... you get the picture.  The McWhorter men have a very dominant look, and because of that I think J just always assumed our kids would look just like him too.  We were even in touring the USS Yorktown, in Charleston, a few years ago and noticed a McWhorter on the wall.  Low and behold, he had the McWhorter eyes. 

I offer these pictures as proof.  The boy looks like his daddy too.  The one on the left could literally be Hardin sleeping at the hospital.  The one on the right is his beloved Pop holding him.  If Pop's not a jolly McWhorter, I don't know who is.  Again, if someone told me that was Hardin, I wouldn't ague with them.  That is his profile to a T.  And his long arms.

I think this makes me much happier than Jason.  I happen to think my husband is very handsome, and I tell his mom all the time how annoying it is that he gets better looking with age, while I am falling apart.  Hardin is a lucky boy to look like his daddy.  And his mommy too of course.

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday J---you old man! I definitely see a little of Jason in lil H man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I didn't comment at first cause I was thinking that, even after I saw the pictures, I still thought he looked JUST LIKE you.

    BUT...contrary to what my husband thinks, I do occasionally admit when I'm wrong and upon further review, I DO see a resemblance.

    No matter who he looks like, H is just plain CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete