Thursday, September 18, 2014

Seven, Eight, NINE!




Oh my goodness, TIME IS FLYING BY.  Happy little Hadley is NINE months old today.  How did that happen?  

The last three months have been a spectacular world wind, and we have thoroughly enjoyed it all. This sweet girls keeps us on our toes as much as she keeps a smile on our face.  Jason calls her the anti-depressant, and he is SO very right.  She melts us all day every day with that smile of hers, and if you can even imagine her hugs are sweeter and deliver more joy.  This past weekend a few of my good friends who haven't' seen her in a while held her, and every person who picked her up commented on her snugglyness.  I know I have harped on her hugs forever, but she really does HUG and bury her head in your chest.  It is the most amazing feeling ever.  And if she's not hugging you she's smiling at you, for the most part.  

Over the last three months Hadley has also gained full mobility.  She crawls at lightning speed, pulls up on everything, and has even started to climb a bit.  I thought there was no way I'd get a second climber, but then I thought it's really better me than anyone else.  All of our furniture is already firmly bolted or strapped to the walls, and there ain't nuthin' she can climb that Hardin hasn't, so my heart is better seasoned for it.  

Side note Hardin story:  I forget sometimes that others are not used to this climby way of life, and it takes me a minute to realize what people are staring at with fright in my house.  Aunt Jackie was over here the other day and seamed very distracted, finally she turned to me and said "aren't you worried AT ALL that Hardin is going to fall?"  I chuckled a little, not because I don't worry, but because she said this about him climbing up and down off of the kitchen island.  That is by far one of his safest endeavors and doesn't even phase us.   At this point Jason and I would probably be annoyed if he asked us to reach for something for him.  We do try and keep everything as safe as possible, but climbers will climb, and we know that now.  

With Hadley's new found mobility she is just now wanting to be put down for a large portion of her day.  Up until now she has wanted, insisted really, that  she be held all of her waking hours.  When I say she was held for the majority of her first 8 months I am not even exaggerating a tiny bit.  Sister loved to be held no matter what you were doing.  She also likes to have at least one eye on Hardin at all times.  If he gets out of her sight, she lets you know. 

Aside from being sweet and adventurous, we think this one is also going to be a little more of an limit pusher.  When we set boundaries for Hardin he normally looks at that boundary line as a hard fast limit that he doesn't dare come near.  Hadley looks at it as a starting point for negotiations.  I'm sure it sounds a little presumptuous to say that about a 9 month old, but we know our girl.  We also fully expected with Jason as their father we wouldn't have two little rule followers, and I mean that in the best way.  As much as Hardin is a mini-me, she is a mini-Jason.  They are full of life to say the very least!  

Hadley spends most of her days smiling at anything and everything, but when she pouts, she does it well.  This little face below is when I wouldn't let her play in the bathroom trash.  Heartbreaking, I know.  I despise sad kid pictures but I had to snap these.  She plays me like a fiddle.  

She's still an excellent sleeper when she's not stuffy, and is also quite a good little eater now.  She'll put anything we put in front of her in her mouth, as long as we keep it coming.  Hadley doesn't have any teeth yet, but she doesn't let that slow her down.  She's losing interest even more in her bottle and formula, and we are all just fine with that.  

Her favorite things at this age are crawling around, swinging outside, "singing," bath time, meal time, peek a boo, chase, any loud toys, and anything to do with Hardin.  

We all lover he so much it hurts!  She's every thing you could ask for in a daughter and second child, and we thank God every day He picked us to raise her.  




1 comment:

  1. I think I've said this before, but that baby girl has a killer grin!!

    ReplyDelete