Right before Hardin was a month I saw a friend post the "block" picture online, so naturally I copied them. I had an older camera and had no idea how to use it. His photos were not great, but I didn't know it so I loved them all so much.
With Hadley I spent weeks picking out her perfect blocks, picked out places in my home to photograph her, outfits, blankets, etc. I tried 100 different camera settings. Four different times, four different places, and three different outfits. I used my fancy new camera, and because I know what it is capable of I know when it's off. I just can't figure out a good baby angle where you can't read the other sides of the blocks [ie, years, other numbers, etc.].
I LOVE every single picture because they all show her sweet little face and personality, but I haven't taken "the one" yet. Not even close. This may be my one year photography challenge to get the perfect shot. In the mean time, I'll love all the practice shots of my perfect little girl.
She's just so good. She's soft and calm. Cuddly and sweet. Strong and focused. Did I mention snugly? Because oh my, I could hug sister all day every day. And do most days.
Sweet girl, when you wonder why I didn't write too often about you these early weeks, it was because I was holding you and couldn't.
They're all so cute....looks like her brother in a few. :)
ReplyDeleteShe's a doll and you make me smile so often...luv u!
ReplyDelete