Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sweet farewell, baseball and a swimmer to be.

This weekend Hardin and I went to the Skilling Farm for the last Memorial Day celebration before they move.  I've been going since 2003 with the exception of the year we were on our honeymoon, and it was certainly bitter sweet leaving a place that holds so many crazy and wonderful memories.  But, there wasn't much time to get sappy chasing H all over creation.  Jason was on a golf trip with Justin, and I was very thankful Ali, Austin and Olivia were such a big help with Hardin.  Hardin's been talking about "Ohlibia's farm" for a few days now.

Daddy came home Sunday and we took it very easy lounging around.  Monday we went to the park and Hardin was in for an unexpected treat.  There are a few great parks around here, but whenever we give him a choice, he ask to go to the Baseball Park.  He loves to watch the big kids play ball in between his monkey ways.  The big field was empty and Jason asked him if he wanted to go run the bases.  Needless to say he took off running and didn't stop.  He ran them a few times and loved every second except getting dirt in his shoes.
http://youtu.be/J3WQcvT0KM4

Today, Hardin started his much anticipated swim lessons.  We've been talking up "miss Christy's pool" and learning how to swim for a while now, and the first lesson blew both of our expectations out of the water.  His instructor only teaches Monday through Thursday, 11am-2pm, but I was lucky enough to sneak away to take him.  I literally said a teary eyed prayer standing right there in the pool room thanking God for my career that allows me to be there for these experiences.

I am always proud and impressed by his can-do-anything attitude, but today was just so awesome.  He clung to my leg when we first got out of the dressing room, but the second I handed him over he was all about it.  Both instructors were genuinely impressed he was so trusting of them during the first lesson.  They said it normally takes a week or so before the crying stops and listening starts.  Not this water baby.  The difficulty with him is getting him to stand still until they say it's time to jump.  And he was NOT happy about leaving.  Fortunately they have horses on their land and the kids are welcome to feed them when they are done.  I bought a huge Costco bag of carrots so he and Jason will be prepared tomorrow.  He'll go 3 times a week for 20 lessons, and I can't wait to see him at the end!
http://youtu.be/IE9PLPqgMCE

These two videos may be my favorite ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment