Friday, November 2, 2012

Mmmm. Candy and my words!


Other than it being scheduled on the last day of the month, AGAIN, Halloween was great.  I rushed home a bit early to get the boys and we headed to Jason's uncle Roddy's house.  This is Hardin's 3rd year in a row there, and our 5th.  It's become quite a tradition.  We'll be sad when their older kids age out of Trick or Treating and the little kids want to stay and hang out with their neighborhood buddies.

I picked up H's costume for 5 bucks after Halloween last year.  I thought it was alright, but I'd keep my eye out for something cuter.  That never happened and little did I know it'd be hard to find anything cuter.  It was perfect for our Poky Little Puppy.  

He was very timid at first, but once he caught onto the candy thing he was all about trick or treating.  He only said trick or treat at a few houses, but he was very good about giving each person an enthusiastic THANK YOU, BYE!  We ended up going way further than I thought we would with Hardin and Lillian.
This was the best one of all three...
 



I came prepared with jammas and we just KNEW after all the excitement he'd be asleep before we pulled out of the subdivision.  WRONG.  That sleepy sugar high boy made it almost home.  He only ate about two pieces of candy and one Oreo, but that's way more than he's ever had so he was quite silly.  He sang and sang and sang some more.  

We also caught these two clowns racing Stella and Olvia's Barbie cars...  We laughed so hard.  It was much funnier in motion.

Finally, my edible words.  I remember sitting at Stephanie's table holding my 4 week old baby when Julie (THE smocked mama) asked how long I planned on dressing H in traditional clothes.  I explained that I would dress Hardin in smocking and jon jons until he was two.  I said by then he'd be too old and big to dress like that.  HA!  Looking back I don't know how Julie bit her tongue so well.  I'm sure she was laughing on the inside.  I know it won't last forever but we are nowhere near done.  I'm thinking maybe Easter.  Maybe.  My friend Jill even gave me a lesson on potty training in longalls, and if she can do it with two boys at the same time, I know I can... not that we are anywhere near that either!
How long do you say?

We'd be done with smocking at two..... HAHAHAHAHA

2 comments:

  1. I adore you. AND every item of clothing that Hardin has ever worn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can SO RELATE to the two thing. I said the same thing, and then proudly stuffed my size 5/6 boy into a size 4 Strasburg at Easter. Smock 'em while you can, girl.

    ReplyDelete