Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Updates

Birthdays.  Lillian turned TWO and that means Hardin will be in a few weeks.  Hardin and I were both stuffy and congested again this year.  We concluded we are both very sensitive to ragweed and not the sweet girl's birthday. We went to Atlanta Saturday to celebrate and had a great time.  Hardin practiced singing all week and then froze up during the big moment.  He was overwhelmed with all of the commotion, but was fine once the cupcakes went around.  I worry a little about how anxious he gets in crowds and around commotion.  I plan on asking his pediatrician ways we can gently help ease his anxiety.  As much as it pains me, I know he can't be comfortable all the time.  But if there is something I can say, behavior I can change, or approach to those situations that I could take, I would love to know!



Preschool.  Along the same lines, I think preschool is really helping him.  I was amazed at the change we saw in him when he started Gymboree, and it's been the same with preschool.  The first few weeks were a little tough and I worried we started him too early.  We are on a roll now though.  Last Thursday, as soon as I got him out of the car he took off RUNNING inside.  My heart smiled.  He's finally super excited about going.  He talks your ear off telling you all about it on the way home too.  He's learning a lot about talking turns, lining up, etc.  He's also picked up a bad habit or two, but we're trying to keep a close eye and ear out for those.
 
His Orange day outfit was fitting for him, he's on top of something the second you turn your head!
Playdough.  It was our turn to bring snacks and make playdough this month.  His teachers prefer the homemade kind in case it gets eaten and evidently it doesn't dry out as quickly.  I thought it was going to be a magical evening of mommy-son arts and crafts bonding.  It was anything but.  My forearms are so sore and I had to put H to bed an hour into it.  For the record, I wasn't planning on it taking any where near an hour.  But it turned out great and I can check that off the list for the rest of the school year. 
 
Mimi.  I saved the best for last!  Mimi came home with us after Lillian's party, and we were on a mission.  As soon as we got H bathed we headed out to run a few errands and then hit up Home Depot.  We closed the place down gathering stuff to beautify our yard.  She has a serious green thumb, and graciously volunteered to point us in the right direction with our overwhelming and overgrown yard.  On top of pulling weeds, she practically hung on our steep front yard to plant a zillion mums.  We intentionally picked the ones with buds and not flowers so they would stay pretty longer.  I'll post a picture of the after once the buds bloom!  It wasn't all work and no play though, we had breakfast out, went to a birthday party, and relaxed a bit before Justin came to pick her up Sunday night.  We can't wait for her to come back next month for a more relaxing visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment