| Climbing the bed. |
Within 48 hours Hardin...
Threw his favorite snow globe from the two story foyer onto the hardwoods. There is still shattered glitter surfacing.
Unplugged the nightlights and threw them down the foyer also.
Figured out how to open my carmex squeeze tube and, well, squeezed it a lot.
Threw Jason's less than a week old new phone in the toilet.
Unrolled LOTS of toilet tissue.
Played splashy splashy in the toilet.
And, last but not least, made a break for it when I was changing him. No big deal, he does that all the time and has never so much as sprinkled so I don't worry. I put up the dirty diaper and pajamas, then went looking for him. He quickly surfaced from his bathroom SCREAMING at the top of his lungs holding his hands out. Hands full of his own poop. In the 30 seconds it took me to toss the diaper and get up, he relieved himself and tried to clean up. In his defense, I know he was trying to pick it up to throw it in the toilet, that's where everything goes!
The lesson learned from all of this is not that we have an exceptionally mischievous little boy, it's that we have a little boy, and not a baby anymore. He should have never had a new phone in his hands, much less anywhere near a toilet. Bathroom doors should be closed at all times. And what were we thinking with a glass snow globe? Really.
In addition to those things he also has matching little bruises on both sides of his forehead. One from running into a cabinet, and one from tripping when he pulled off one shoe but not the other. Jason and I have a long way to go in a very short time when it comes to little-boy-proofing this place. And our lives in general. Up until now he's been such a sweet clingy little thing we never really had to worry much about household temptations. My how times have changed in a hurry!
Speaking of things Jason and I have yet to master... I really never ever ever say anything bad about Jason and/or his parenting. He is such a good daddy. Kind, patient, entertaining, thoughtful, present, careful, loving. You name it. He really is awesome. So please don't take more from this than a memory I'd like to have documented.
The man struggles with the wardrobe. So much so that I am 100% sure he does it on purpose to see if it bugs me. It doesn't, as long as he doesn't stroll into my office with H looking like a hobo (again!). Hardin's clothes are pretty well organized, so you have to go out of your way to put together something not so cute. This particular getup had me especially tickled. In order to make this look happen, you must start at the top of the drawer with the sports top. Dig below the sports bottoms, then below the robot top, to get to the robot bottoms. Then he had a red and black blanket sleeper on top. That takes some serious effort, silly daddy!
| That same silly daddy takes the time to explain Elmo, and we'll take that over matching pjs any day! |
OH MY WORD. I don't even know what to say. That's lots of shenanigans for such a little boy. And that outfit is just hilarious.
ReplyDeleteThe Gymboree pics are great...so glad y'all are doing that.
omg..that is hilarious! i'm not sure i'm ready for a toddler boy!
ReplyDelete