Monday, January 9, 2012

Red Houndstooth.

I'm giving up the fight with red houndstooth.  Throwing in the white towel.  Every time we leave the house in an obviously boy red houndstooth print, everyone tells me how cute she is.  It happened all the way to Ft. Myers in the candy cane outfit, and all day today in the firetruck outfit.  I wanted to say seriously people, it has a huge fire truck on the front of it!, but I didn't.  I do have to admit, from a distance, it has a pinkish look to it.  Lesson learned, sorry little buddy.

Our week was nice and the weekend better.  The highlights being an impromptu lunch with daddy day care and a baby sprinkle for Mary Ellen's boy who will be here soon.  The low light being the realization of how long I have to go on my mission to get healthy before having another baby.  I got the okay to work out from my doctor 2 weeks before Christmas, but put it off until after the holidays.  After 5 surgeries over 13 months, I was finally feeling better and pain free.  Two mornings with Jillian Michaels* and an early morning spin class Saturday have left me sore from top to bottom.  But a good sore!  Hopefully it will pay off at my weight watchers weigh in the morning.

Hardin also got his first ride in a fancy buggy at the new Publix.  I have a feeling we'll be driving an extra 10 minutes to utilize those more often.  He was so much more content than he is in a normal cart.  And by that I mean I am more content.  Our trip to Target before Publix just about wore me out.  He would NOT sit still and kept hollering DOWN, DOWN, DOWN as loud as he could.  Busy boy.

We ended the weekend with a long walk in the fog tonight.  Hardin would walk up and down the road all day long if we would let him.  He was a soaking wet dirty mess when we got back, and couldn't have been happier! 

*This is Hardin one morning when he woke up before I was done working out.  He stood in front of the TV and squatted up and down over and over laughing. 


4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but Hardin most certainly does NOT look like a girl!! Love that pic of him driving the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think he looks precious in that red gingham. Hendley and Boss were both called he and she all the time. For some reason, no one has mistaken AB for a boy. Guess they are too scared to say a word when she gives them the look.

    I hear you on the baby weight. Wanting to have another baby was always the only thing that would motivate me to lose the weight. I seriously think that is why it took me so long to lose mine after ABB.

    I got excited just reading about you talking about having another baby. Does that make a lick of sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the only reason we go to publix! he is so darn cute doing that video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! I made this mistake yesterday at work! A girl brought her 12 month old daughter to work (wearing jeans and a zip up non-gender specific jacket) to meet everyone. I walked right up and said, "Isn't he cute? What's his name?" Believe me, I got "the look", and was then told that her name was Braylen! Whoops! Hardin does not look like a girl, but this little girl looked like a boy!

    ReplyDelete