Friday, November 25, 2011

Gobble Gobble

We had another fantastic Thanksgiving gathering at our house this year.  We didn't really plan it, but our house is where we have landed for Turkey Day ever since we moved in 2008.  Jason and I love not having to go anywhere and spending the day with many of our favorites.  I LOVE those two precious kiddos in turkey outfits.  Seriously, it doesn't get much cuter.

Me and the babe hit the ground running this morning.  We baked and delivered chocolate chip pumpkin muffins to my neighbors and had them there by 9.  That was even more fun that I thought it would be.  

Justin's crew was getting over a cold, so you'll see how familiar Hardin was with the Purell by the end of the day.  The weather was perfect and allowed us to play outside a lot.  The food was delicious as usual, and we all over indulged.

B spent the night, and noticed how much things have really changed around here.  We sat around on the sofa watching football and DVR until 11, when Jason and I threw in the towel because we couldn't stay awake.  Scott said he wasn't disappointed in our mildness, but he did mention past years and staying up playing darts until all hours of the morning.  Those days are few and far between with a one year old, but we wouldn't change it for a thing! 

We all had plenty to be thankful for this year, mostly each other.  Thanksgiving and every day!
Those eyes...  oh those eyes.
He was watching Cawley and picked this up.

Good thing the mamas were close by and watching, but of course we had to snap a pic first.



Once a climber, always a climber.

Blue Steel.
Baby where's your nose?

Baby, where are your toes?
And no, if you are wondering, seeing his cousin on her feet does not even phase him.  He can take steps just fine, but he has no interest in walking.  Jason didn't walk until 14 months, and Cawley 15 months.  Maybe it's a McWhorter male thing.   Fine by me, he's got the rest of his life to walk around.  I'll enjoy this baby thing as long as I can because he has very few of those sweet baby things left.  Except the dirty pant knees, I do not enjoy that part. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love those cousin pictures. Can you imagine the fun those kids are going to have together?

    So glad y'all had such a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I commented on this post already, but it appears I did not!

    Love that pic of the daddies playing and the babies making a break for it!

    Hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete