I honestly thought this week would never end. Ever. I'll spare everyone the work drama, but there was plenty of it. I'm so thankful to have my boys to go home to every day.
Tuesday afternoon, one of my best friends in this world lost her sweet mama to cancer. I still remember the day she was diagnosed. I was in my first year of law school, got the email during class and packed up my stuff and drove straight to Carrolton. I just knew I heard wrong. Knew it.
Bardene was absolutely wonderful to me, and even welcomed me to stay with them one summer following a very difficult year for my family. Sharing time with Mary Ellen's family that summer meant more to me than any of them will ever know. She was the type of mom you can only hope and pray every single one of your children's friends will be raised by.
She put up a very good 7 year fight, and she will be missed like no one can even imagine. I think the very worst part of having experienced the loss of a parent before someone else, is that you know what the next couple of months and years have in store for them. Not to mention this was her Mama, and sweet Liddie's Nana, who kept her every day. Makes my heart ache for them.
Also makes me want to give my mom about nine million more hugs than I already do. Mom and I have never been big phone talkers, and I think one of the best things about seeing her all the time is being able to thank her and tell her I love her when she leaves.
One quick story from today. Elise is back from maternity leave, so Hardin is going to mom's every other Friday again. Today I got there and she had an old comforter spread out on her floor. This just made me laugh because I knew it was to keep him clean. You could literally eat Thanksgiving dinner off that woman's floors and you'd go home questioning the cleanliness of your finest china in comparison. She sure does make me smile.
Oh, I am just so sorry about Mary Ellen's mother. Will keep the whole family in my prayers in the days/weeks/months ahead.
ReplyDeleteH in that outfit is about too much for me to take. LOVE HIM.
What a sweet tribute to the Bean. She definitely was a wonderful lady, and she sure will be missed. After we get back from the beach, O and I are taking a field trip to see Mare. I hope you're in!
ReplyDelete...catching up on blogs today...LOVE YOURS, as always and loved what your wrote about Bardene. I think of Mary Ellen daily and hope all's going as well as can be expected. I know all you "girls" will take good care of her during this sad time.
ReplyDelete