Monday, July 11, 2011

Good times and other times.



Saturday was day three of single and Gigi free motherhood. It is nice to know I can handle it if I need to, but it is a different world without my man and my mama. I enjoyed every second of Hardin to myself, it's all the cleaning and organizing and such I could do without.

Saturday night, I was able to go to the wedding Jason was in since I was in town. I took Hardin to Justin and Cathy's on my way there, and he had his first spend the night with his cousins. Cat and Justin got their first taste of three kids. Hopefully Mimi won't blame me if there are no more grands from that side of the family.

I think they all had a great time, and from the pictures Cat took, it looks like H and Lil just followed Cawley around everywhere.

We had a blast at the biggest wedding I have ever been to. Big in the fact that almost every one of the 500+ people that were invited were in attendance. Also big in the fact that Jason is 6'2" and was EIGHT in line in height order. Those Holders grow'em big.

Sunday was a sadder occasion. We attended "uncle" Bruce's memorial service and it was a beautiful tribute to his life. He was actually my mom's cousin Connie's husband, but he was so much more. It was way too close to home as he was in his sixties and left three wonderful children. I can tell you one thing though, if you're allowed a cold beer in Heaven, Bruce and my daddy surely had one this weekend. Those two were quite the pair back in the day.
Hardin looks a little out of it, but it was the best we could do!

2 comments:

  1. That second pic of H at the stairs is just TOO precious. Love that little grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH....how could you not have told me about him standing like a big boy like that? Have I missed this in another blog? I am having fits up here. FITS. On one hand, I am so excited to see him vertical that I can hardly stand it. But I'm also like, hey, kid, slow it down a bit. He sure looks mighty proud of himself. Of course, I am proud of him, too.

    Hope things are back on schedule for this week.

    ReplyDelete