The plan was to have his party at the Buford Corn Maze. They have hay rides, a bouncy house, petting zoo, play ground, pony rides, corn pit, corn maze, live music... you name it. Super fun, and Hardin was looking forward to his party for a month. They didn't have any times I liked available his actual birthday weekend, so I decided to wait until the next weekend. Added bonus, Mimi would be in town! I had visions of beautiful fall pictures with the grands. I let HP pick the guest list, and was thrilled when he chose his cousins, Liddie, Lucas, Olivia, Emma and Dana. There were more, but those are the ones he could remember. That meant I could invite all of my life long and neighborhood friends instead of his school friends. Selfish? Yes. Much more fun for all? YES.
The ENTIRE MONTH before was perfect. The DAY before was perfect. But November 1, 2014, will go down in history as one of the coldest and windiest days in Georgia history for that date. I tried to justify it, I really did. I just knew as soon as I brought everyone to my house instead of the Maze the kids would still run around outside freezing, but I finally called it because at least they could come in and warm up. When we moved the party to our house, that meant the little kids and more husbands could come too. I put up all the decorations I bought for the tent, and we had a grand ole time! Hardin has not once asked about the Corn Maze. I was so proud of him and his little spirit. I always tell my mom not to buy him things (as she is tempted daily seeing him so much), but he really is not that into "stuff." He is all about his cousins and friends. They had the best time running around destroying my house playing. He is still asking when they are all coming back. We got our deposit back from the Corn Maze under the promise we'd re-book for next year. He's got something to look forward out of it as well.
The day following the party, Jason and his brother headed out on another great adventure. Surfing in Peru lead by a guide named Octopus. No kidding. Mimi stayed the week to help Cat and the kids, and my mom was basically a 24 hour a day nanny between my work and 5:30 am boot camp schedule. The boys had a blast but I think the grand trio took the cake. I drove Hardin to Grant Park Thursday night to spend the night, and they all took a trip to the zoo Friday. Hadley and I headed down to join them Friday night, and we stayed through Sunday except for a trip to Austin's 9th birthday party Saturday afternoon. Three days at Cawley's house is the equivalent to a 2 week stent at Disney for my boy. He had a BLAST. I have many pictures to post on my next iPhone clean up.
After taking Jason home Sunday morning the kids and I headed out to my aunt's 60th birthday party in Hampton. That's nowhere near Buford if you're wondering. I thought of a zillion reasons not to go, but knew it was so important to my mom who slaved away for us all week to show off her grand babies. I am so glad we went. My aunt and uncle have 6 kids, and theirs was my all time favorite to visit for that reason. I distinctly remember the fits I threw when we had to leave. If you can imagine how many grand kids those six children produced you'd know why Hardin mirrored my feelings towards them. He played and played and played and played. It was so awesome to watch. I loved visiting with all of my cousins, aunts and uncles too!
It has been a CRAZY BUSY couple of weeks. So much more that I'm too exhausted to even talk about. But we wouldn't do it if we didn't love it, and love it we do!




No comments:
Post a Comment