Sunday, October 13, 2013

I. Am. NOT. Three. Yet.

I haven't been blogging as much, but rest assured we have been busy keeping up with our boy.  He is a total trip right now and runs 90 to nothing from the moment his feet hit the ground until he crashes at night.  I would be lying if I said we didn't know where he gets it from though, he's equal parts crazy me and active Jason.

One story that had us laughing this week was from School.  We were running late Thursday and I had to walk him in.  His teacher said she was happy to see me because she's been wanting to talk.  I cringed.  She said something along the lines of "tell me about his potty training."  I fought the urge to laugh.  What potty training?  She then told me at all of their potty breaks he'll pull down his pants and pull-up but will not even consider touching the potty.  If they push at all he holds his hands up and says "NO! I. Am. NOT. Three. Yet." I laugh just thinking of him standing there, britches down, hands up saying that.

I can see how that may be confusing to someone who doesn't live here, but for us it's quite normal.  After an epic potty training fail this summer, we dropped the issue.  Then out of nowhere he started telling us he was going to go to the big boy potty when he turns three.  We are anxiously waiting to see if that actually happens.  His teacher thinks he might just surprise us and transition quite easily.  She said he's a very determined little fellow and if he set this personal goal for himself he'll likely achieve it.

We shall see.  None of us are in a big hurry about it.  Before I had a kid it baffled me that everyone didn't rush to potty train their kids as soon as possible.  Now the thought of being out in public, during the winter, with a newborn and a three year old trying to find a public restroom makes me a lot more anxious than any pull-up ever has.

This weekend Jason played in a three day tournament at Lake Oconee.  Hardin and I kept ourselves busy at the pumpkin patch with Austin Saturday, and working on the baby room today.  We took a trip down to the lake to try and take a three year old picture at Gigi's request, but that was better in theory than execution.  He wanted nothing to do with standing still and smiling when there were so many rocks to dig and throw.  And I had no Smarties, so the few good smiling pictures I have his teeth are stained brown with the mini M&Ms I took to bribe him.  We'll try again for "the one" but these capture the real H pretty well. He's curious and fun, busy and all boy.  I wouldn't trade an ounce of that for a silly picture.  








1 comment:

  1. Who needs a posed picture when you have a SPIDERMAN HANDS picture?? That totally IS Hardin these days, right?? LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete