My sweet bubba love is two-and-a-half today. Of all the milestones, this one may be the hardest to take yet. At two, there was still quite a bit of baby left in him. Six months later, there's hardly a drop. He's a full fledged kid, he even smells like one after a long day. The new daddy sponsored hair cut doesn't help.
In a few days the folks at Amazon will have a big box full of all things potty training delivered, and then the very last baby thing will be the crib. That may be around for a while with as much as we all love it.
At two-two-and-a-half, here are a few Hardin facts and stats.
His memory is what stands out to all of us the most. He does not forget ANYTHING. We went to a restaurant the first week we moved in the new house 7 months ago. We visited last week and as soon as we pulled up he said I wanna see the BIG fish not the little ones. He remembered the colors, and exactly where the aquariums were from that first trip. If you tell him we are doing something when he wakes up in the morning or from nap, it's the first thing he ask when he wakes up. He memorizes the pictures in books in the first reading. It may be normal at this age, but we are always surprised.
He's not as great with counting. I'm not sure if he tries to go to fast or if he loses interest, but he's just not that into it right now.
He does not like anyone crying, and will tell you he's going to go save the day if he hears a baby cry.
He's big on his surroundings. When you are driving down the road he points out every color, shape and type of truck he sees.
He's not as interested in sounds as he used to be. Airplanes hardly even get a glance anymore.
His vocabulary is expanding everyday. He remembers words I'd never expect, and does not like not knowing what something is. He even stands by me while I do my make-up in the morning and identifies each item.
There are still a few words he pronounces wrong, and I love it. Room is rune. He always wants to go play in mommy's rune. He asks for floss every morning after me, but can not get the F-L start down as much as he's tried. He always says soff. The double Ls are also a challenge. I can't even attempt to spell his yellow, but it involves a fully sticking out tongue in the middle.
I've never called myself mommy, but he picked it up from somewhere. I thought I'd be mama forever, no such luck. Jason on the other hand, is still dada for the most part. Unless he's really trying to get his attention, then he's Jay-sin.
He eats and eats and eats and eats and never gains weight. Just like me, right? HA! Clearly we know where that comes from. He's literally only gained a few ounces since his 2 year check up. We still haven't hit 28 pounds. He's getting taller tough, and the legs are getting long.
His favorite foods right now are berries of all kinds, bananas, oatmeal, cheese, chicken, French fries, broccoli, carrots, mac and cheese, and steak. He still will not entertain the idea of a sandwich. Wont even try. And he's exactly like daddy in his love for all things breakfast. He can eat sausage, bacon, eggs, pancakes and waffles with the best of them.
He loves his cousins and his friends, but he's become quite the little boss. I was shocked at his Easter egg hunt at school. With an October birthday, he's the oldest in the class, and he's taken that roll and run with it. Weece, you get the blue egg. Ebwitt, you sit on that slide. Christopher, do NOT do that. Etc. He does the same thing with Lillian even when she's not here. I hear him all the time saying Lillian can not get on the green swing, it's too dangerous. He even stood right in front of my grandmother the other day with his arms out and said Maw-maw, STOP RIGHT THERE. Do not cross the street, it is too dangerous for you! She was trying to cross the hall from the bathroom to her room. We're working on the bossiness.
He's not the cuddliest kid, but the "I haven't seen you all day" hugs are so so so good. Don't even try and snuggle him in the morning when he's watching his progrums. That aint gonna happen. Speaking of his favorite shows, he's picked up my mom and grandmother's ol' southern woman lingo. He says pro-grums, just like my mom. And when he's leaving the room to get something, he says I'ma run get my _____ right quick, just like my grandmother.
He's started with the "IT'S MINE!" Needless to say we don't love that. He will grab something right out of your hand. We grab it right back and try it again with some manners, but it's no less troublesome. I know it comes with the age, but I don't think it's going away anytime soon.
He's a happy kid, and runs HARD until he doesn't. Then he's a total slouch. Seriously, no middle ground. It's 90 or nothin'.
We adore him, and love him and are so very thankful God picked us to be his parents.
That's all I can think of right now. Today was an exhausting last Friday of the month, and therefor we celebrated Hardin's half birthday at Long Horn with yummy steaks and an ice cream sunday. We have a super fun weekend planned with friends and a drive thru zoo.
Happy half to Hardin! Love all the facts!
ReplyDelete