Ugh. I hate that even have a reason to write a post about this subject. I. HATE. IT. I spent all this time writing up our bedtime routine last night, and it's ready to post as soon as I take pictures, but tonight is about missing it. One of my very least favorite occurrences.
It doesn't bother me as much when we spend all day together and I have to run somewhere at night. But, when I've been at work all day and miss bedtime, I just can't stand it.
Tonight I was that mama on two wheels coming through the subdivision and barging through his door at 7:45 after Jason had put him down. I left an event at the Cobb Galleria at 7pm on a mission! I could hear him talking coming up the stairs and was so relieved. I got my songs and snuggles, my huggins and lovins. That said my little creature of habit wasn't having too much of it. He turned his little head at me in that dark room and said mommy, I'm ready to go night night now.
I sure have been spoiled living 10 minutes from the office. I've been home so much earlier at night and haven't missed bedtime in quite a while. The balancing act at it's finest, is slanted much more to this guys side.

The mama on two wheels....that's me too every Tuesday night when I leave class. I hate missing that time too! Glad you got your snuggles.
ReplyDelete