Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Santa and Sick Baby

Here's the deal.  I pre-registered for our Santa appointment as per usual.  I got the email to pick our time slot... AND TOTALLY FORGOT about it.  Right now my inbox has 247 emails, and I cleared a lot out today.  Great for work, bad for my sweet little shelf with pictures of Hardin with The Best Santa in Atlanta.  Fortunately, our club host the same Santa each year for their yearly breakfast with Santa.  Bedazzled Santa take three.  Check.  And NO TEARS. 


 
 After breakfast we let Hardin run wild and daddy taught him how to use the ball pick ups on the putting green.  He talked about playing tennis the rest of the day.  We'll work on his sports IDs, but he loved it. 
 
Finally, he's sick.  Like not a little cold, sick.  Go to the doctor for our first sick visit with a steady 103 fever and pitifully sad confused little boy, sick.  Tylenol helped but not full relief and only temporarily.  He was lethargic and lazy.  Two things he's normally not.  He also slept past 10 Sunday morning. 
 
I'm picky about doctors and a bit paranoid about medicine.  I asked around for pediatrician recommendations when we moved and received two referrals to the same doctor.  Turns out he lives in our subdivision and is super nice.  I'm glad we found him (and glad I can walk down the street knock on his door if I need to). I also appreciate the time he spent with us.  This sickness thing was new to us and I think he could tell.  He was not quick to prescribe an antibiotic, and confirmed elevated white blood cell counts before calling it a sinus infection.  Not sure if it's normal or not, but he even called personally to check on our boy today.  I had a good report at the time, Hardin's fever finally broke around 11am today, but by 6pm tonight it was back.  We've dosed him up again and said another prayer he'll wake up without fever.  I know he's fine, and I've enjoyed all the extra cuddles and time with him, but I'll be happy when he's back to normal. 
 
For Hardin's records, and mine, I already miss our old pediatrician.  She was so calm and peaceful, all the while being the mother of three teenage boys herself.  She humored my fears and allowed our slightly delayed vaccine schedule without judgment.  She calmed me and took the time to understand Hardin.  "Doctor" him if you will.  We are certainly thankful for her care for his first two years.  I cried writing her thank you note today when I realized she'd probably get a notification that our new pediatrician requested his full charts. 
 
Below are just a few photos I found cleaning out my memory card from the last couple of weeks.  We are all loving the age he's reached where he plays with other kids, and not just in the same room with them. 
 

Love Liddie's Face!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment