Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lifesavers.



Nothing will make you realize how INSANELY good you have it until your mama goes out of town to visit your baby brother in Hawaii. At the end of the month. On the weekend you are moving. I need not elaborate, nor do I wish any different. I hope she and B have an amazing, relaxing, healing weekend. (mom's legs are in bad shape and my B was diagnosed with stomach ulcers after an all night trip to the ER on Sunday, but they are feeling much better together)

Today, my sister met me at my office at 8:30 to take Hardin to CFA to play during my first closing.  After that, we went and met Jason at Hardin's preschool for his teacher meet and greet. When I got back to the office Cathy was waiting to pick him up for a spend the night. Mimi landed this afternoon, and they've both kept a steady supply of pictures coming to assure me my boy is more than fine and having a BALL with his cousins.

I am really not sure how we would survive without our amazing support system. I know every mother must feel that way, whether it be friends or family, we'd all be in a world of hurt with each other to lean on.

Hardin shocks me with his adaptability. He hasn't missed a beat being out of his routine. He charmed his teachers, played great with Yaya (Lara) and my last text of the night was Mimi saying he is so good, playing very well with Cawley and Lil, and saying thank you all the time. Cat bought him rain boots with Lil, and they spun and spun and spun. When they weren't racing.

Mimi also said Hardin can't get any whiter. I dared her to wait for winter. He's looking mighty pasty next to his cousin with Indian blood:)

I'm already getting excited to return the favor (aka soak up every ounce of these three kiddo's joy). Hopefully we'll host the cousins soon in our new home. We closed today, moving Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. It is most definitely a blessing to have people around you to help! Amen!

    ReplyDelete