Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ladies Man.

We had an absolutely fantastic fun filled weekend with great friends.  Friday, Jason and H met me at the Mexican restaurant right after work.  We are trying to enjoy eating out with him while we can as we hear boys in restaurants can be a little trying between 1.5-2.5.  We came home and H man crashed from all the excitement.  Jason and I walked across the street with the monitor and sat on our neighbor's front porch with all the other parents.  For three years, they laughed at us every Friday night as we headed out to dinner and drinks.  We maybe ate at home 10 Friday nights before I got pregnant.  Little did we know family Mexican night and front porch sittin' with the neighbors was just as fun.

Saturday the H man and I headed to my aunt Sandy's house for Lindsey's baby shower.  H had fun laying around kicking with aunt Jackie.  We went straight to Olivia's naming after that.  As you can see from the pictures, Livvy was all about Hardin!  Such a cutie.  Hardin would have been all about her if she wasn't interested in him.  I'm telling you, all those things your mama tells you about boys start early.  He only wants what he can't have.  Boy, boy, BOY!  Faith, Mary Ellen and Liddie came to our house for a slumber party, and as always, Hardin loved having Liddie around.  Not nearly as much as I loved having two of my all time favorite friends around.

The outside temp started with an eight this afternoon (89, but I'll take it), so we headed to a park I've been wanting to check out on the river about ten minutes away.  By time we got there, H was asleep, the temp was 92, and there were no infant swings.  We skipped the park and took the long way to the grocery store so H could finish his cat nap.  Hardin gave everyone who talked to him a total poker face, and smiled and squealed at everyone who ignored him trying to get their attention.  What a mess. 

We topped off the weekend with a walk up the street to a double birthday party.  Hardin was in a thirty-minutes-from-bedtime zone out, so he wasn't exactly the life of the party.  I can't wait until he's a little older and can run around with the nine zillion kids in our neighborhood.  He also dang near lost it when all the other kids got a cup cake and he didn't.  The boy is all about food these days, and wants whatever you put in your mouth.  We left the minute the cupcake whining started.  The baby went to sleep and Jason grilled out steaks and made potatoes for dinner.

Now that was fun... but as usual J and I will follow up the action packed weekend with NO plans next weekend.  I'm so glad that man appreciates nothingness as much as I do.  









2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is one of those posts where I just get sooo sad that I can't see that boy all the time. Thank God for this blog. Seriously. I might not be able to hug his neck, but I sure do feel like I'm getting to know the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad there is photo proof that my child is crazy! Love that girl.

    Sweet pictures of H and Jackie and H with Liddie. I'm so sad I missed the after party. We need to make a Roopville trip soon.

    ReplyDelete